8 Aug 2013
Corey Caporale joins Peter Reitzes to discuss Bike/Hike 670 which is raising both stuttering awareness and funds for Camp Our Time scholarships. Corey has embarked upon a 670 mile biking and hiking adventure from Chicago, Illinois, to Camp Our Time, in Hendersonville, North Carolina.
COREY CAPORALE serves on Our Time Theatre’s Board of Directors, created Bike/Hike 670 which is a fundraising initiative for Camp Our Time scholarships, and works and lives in Chicago with his wife and two kids. Corey is a person who stutters and over time has learned to embrace his speech rather than fight it.
During this episode, Peter mentions Stutter Across America which was “a mobile stuttering awareness tour and mobile support group” that facilitated 8 workshops in 2002 across the United States. Peter was one of the co-faciltators.
- Our Time: Arts, Speech Therapy and Exciting New Programs (Ep. 407)
- Camp Our Time: Stuttering, Courage and Respect (Ep. 293)
- The King’s Speech with Taro Alexander: Two Thumbs Up (Ep. 238)
- Isabella from Our Time Talks about Stuttering (Ep. 279)
- Stuttering: The Gift of Empathy (Ep. 294)
- Camp Our Time: Stuttering Brings Courage (Ep. 296)
- The Awesomeness of Camp Our Time (359)
- Camp Our Time Wrap Up with Caryn and Joel (Ep. 363)
- Listen: The New Album from the Our Time Theatre Company (Ep. 134)
- The Our Time Theatre Company – Live from NYC (Ep. 80)
- Taro Alexander from Our Time (Ep. 12)