26 Jun 2013
Taro Alexander and Caryn Herring join Peter Reitzes to discuss the programming at Our Time. Our Time is a highly respected organization which has been helping kids who stutter since 2001. Taro and Caryn are asked about Our Time’s services which includes arts programs, a summer camp in North Carolina, speech therapy and the October 2013 planned launch of new programs in Westchester, Long Island and New Jersey.
TARO ALEXANDER, Founder and Director of Our Time, is an accomplished performer, teacher, and director who has stuttered since the age of five.
CARYN HERRING is a person who stutters, Our Time’s resident Speech-Language Pathologist and hosts the StutterTalk B Team with Joel Korte and Roisin McManus.
- Camp Our Time: Stuttering, Courage and Respect (Ep. 293)
- The King’s Speech with Taro Alexander: Two Thumbs Up (Ep. 238)
- Isabella from Our Time Talks about Stuttering (Ep. 279)
- Don’t Ever Apologize for How You Speak and After the Lowest Point Things Get Better (287)
- Stuttering: The Gift of Empathy (Ep. 294)
- Camp Our Time: Stuttering Brings Courage (Ep. 296)
- The Awesomeness of Camp Our Time (359)
- Camp Our Time Wrap Up with Caryn and Joel (Ep. 363)
- Listen: The New Album from the Our Time Theatre Company (Ep. 134)
- The Our Time Theatre Company – Live from NYC (Ep. 80)
- Taro Alexander from Our Time (Ep. 12)