30 Oct 2016
Dori Holte joins Peter Reitzes for a lively discussion of her book Voice Unearthed: Hope, Help and a Wake Up Call for the Parents of Children Who Stutter.
But first, Jesse VanderWeide comes on air so Peter can thank him for hosting a fundraiser for StutterTalk. Jesse shares how StutterTalk has taught him that “you don’t need to be fluent” and discusses how StutterTalk has provided him a “sense of peace.”
Doreen Lenz Holte is a professional writer, the mother of a child who stutters, a contributor at DidIStutter and the author of Voice Unearthed.
Jesse VanderWeide is a person who stutters and lives in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. A lifelong musician, he teaches private guitar and drum lessons at Schmitt Music in Sioux Falls.
- Fact Checking Voice Unearthed (StutterTalk Ep. 601)
- The Monster Study (StutterTalk Ep. 280)
- Listen to Those Voices – Episode 136 of the Make Room for The Stuttering Podcast
- 2004 National Stuttering Association List of Workshops
- Classroom Presentation from the National Stuttering Association
- Voice Unearthed blog
- StutterTalk Costal Breathing Series