17 Sep 2015
There is so much information available on stuttering. Some of the resources are trusted and honest while others make unreliable claims which may offer misinformation, quick fixes and even cures. Today on StutterTalk, Lee Caggiano joins Peter Reitzes to discuss essential and trusted resources in the stuttering community. If you are looking for information about stuttering, a professional such as a speech-language pathologist or a support network, these organizations are a trusted place to start.
Lee Caggiano, MA CCC-SLP is a board certified specialist and mentor in fluency disorders, the parent of an adult who stutters and director of FRIENDS: The National Association of Young People Who Stutter.
The trusted stuttering resources discussed today include:
- The Stuttering Foundation
- FRIENDS: The National Association of Young People Who Stutter
- The National Stuttering Association
- SAY: The Stuttering Association for the Young
- Stuttering Homepage
- Passing Twice
- American Board of Fluency and Fluency Disorders
Links mentioned on today’s episode: