20 Mar 2014
Taro Alexander joins Peter Reitzes to discuss SAY: The Stuttering Association for the Young. Mr. Alexander also discusses what he has done and continues to do to face stuttering.
During today’s episode Taro shared, “We are here to help you say the things that shouldn’t go unsaid. I think that can be the real tragedy of stuttering. When you see kids not saying what they want and keeping all these things inside.”
TARO ALEXANDER, is Founder and Director of SAY: The Stuttering Association for the Young, formerly Our Time. Mr. Alexander founded SAY 13 years ago. He is an accomplished performer, teacher, and director who has stuttered since the age of five.
- Bike/Hike 670: Raising Stuttering Awareness and Funds for Camp Our Time (Ep. 415)
- Our Time: Arts, Speech Therapy and Exciting New Programs (Ep. 407)
- Camp Our Time: Stuttering, Courage and Respect (Ep. 293)
- The King’s Speech with Taro Alexander: Two Thumbs Up (Ep. 238)
- Isabella from Our Time Talks about Stuttering (Ep. 279)
- Stuttering: The Gift of Empathy (Ep. 294)
- Camp Our Time: Stuttering Brings Courage (Ep. 296)
- The Awesomeness of Camp Our Time (359)
- Camp Our Time Wrap Up with Caryn and Joel (Ep. 363)
- Listen: The New Album from the Our Time Theatre Company (Ep. 134)
- The Our Time Theatre Company – Live from NYC (Ep. 80)
- Taro Alexander from Our Time (Ep. 12)